- Botanical Name: Schizachyrium scoparium
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Demand: Low
- Landscape Use: Border - Mixed, Deer Resistant
- Ornamental Value: Blue, Green
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds, Butterflies,
- Season: Spring, Summer, Winter
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Bushy, Upright
- Plant Spread: 2'
- Plant Height: 2' - 4'
Most wide-ranging bunchgrass in the state, a dominant of the tallgrass, midgrass, and shortgrass prairie. Tolerant of a wide variety of soils and drought. Little Bluestem provides a symphony of beautiful color changes throughout the year, moving from blue-green to coppery gold in the fall. Tight bunchgrass with blue-tinted foliage, fall feathers, and vertical cinnamon winter color. No landscape irrigation needed. Mixes well with native perennial flowers.