- Botanical Name: Tripsacum dactyloides
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Water Demand: Medium
- Landscape Use: Border - Edge, Border - Mixed, Erosion Control, Focal Point/Specimen Plant, Screen - Physical (e.g., barriers), Screen - Visual
- Ornamental Value: Burgundy, Red
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds
- Season: Summer, Fall
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Bushy, Upright
- Plant Spread: 4'
- Plant Height: 3' - 6'
Forms a very dense clump. Useful for buffer or areas of separation. Dramatic accent plant. Can be grown in pure stands as pasture grass. Sharp-edged streaming foliage. Flowering spikelets are yellow and cornlike. Likes more shade and moisture than most prairie grasses. Can be used near dry streambeds and in rain gardens, lakesides, and low areas. Warm-season perennial bunchgrass.