- Botanical Name: Panicum virgatum
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Demand: Low
- Landscape Use: Border - Mixed, Deer Resistant, Erosion Control, Focal Point/Specimen Plant
- Ornamental Value: Green, Blue, Purple, Gold
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds, Butterflies
- Season: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Upright, Spreading
- Plant Spread: 3
- Plant Height: 4-5'
Best for upland pocket prairies and accents, deep soils on slopes, winter structure and color, and pocket prairies. Hanging, open panicles with green, blue, purple, and gold. Vertical stems, slowly spreading by rhizomes. Put with other tall perennials and grasses on slopes and deep soils. Can be used as a vertical accent or roadside swath.