Columbine, Wild Red
- Botanical Name: Aquilegia canadensis
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Light Requirement: Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Water Demand: Low, Medium
- Landscape Use: Container, Deer Resistant
- Ornamental Value: Red, Yellow
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds (specifically Hummingbirds), Butterflies (nectar source)
- Season: Spring, Summer
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Plant Form: Spreading
- Plant Spread: 1.5'
- Plant Height: 2'
DescriptionLikes well-drained organic soils. Attractive to many pollinators in addition to hummingbirds and hawk moths. Clover-like foliage.