- Botanical Name: Aquilegia spp. (chrysantha, chaplinei, hinkleyana, and longissima)
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Light Requirement: Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Water Demand: Low, Medium
- Landscape Use: Container, Deer Resistant
- Ornamental Value: Yellow
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds (specifically Hummingbirds), Butterflies (nectar source)
- Season: Spring, Summer
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Plant Form: Spreading
- Plant Spread: 1.5'
- Plant Height: 2'
Species for Texas: chrysantha, chaplinei, hinkleyana, and longissima. Excellent in dry woodland gardens. Some water is required to prevent summer dormancy, but overwatering will cause crown rot. In full sun the plant will remain smaller and more compact but will spread out more fully in shade.