- Also Known As: Downy Phlox, Prairie Phlox
- Botanical Name: Phlox pilosa
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Light Requirement: Sun, Partial Shade
- Water Demand: Medium
- Landscape Use: Fragrance
- Ornamental Value: Pink, Purple
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Bees, Birds (specifically Hummingbirds), Butterflies (nectar source)
- Season: Spring
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Spreading
- Plant Spread: 1'
- Plant Height: 1'
Very fragrant. Creeping phlox. Several different varieties are available. It stays green through winter and explodes with blooms in the spring. It attracts butterflies and is also drought tolerant.