- Botanical Name: Thymus sp.
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Demand: Low
- Landscape Use: Border - Edge, Container, Deer Resistant, Fragrance, Rock Garden
- Ornamental Value: Pink, Purple
- Native/Adapted: Adapted
- Wildlife Value: Butterflies, Bees
- Season: Summer
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Plant Form: Upright and Spreading
- Plant Spread: 0.5' - 1.5'
- Plant Height: 0.5' - 1.5'
Thyme dislikes wet soils. However, when it is still establishing, don't let its soil go bone-dry. Very drought tolerant. More than 300 varieties in cultivation. Some excellent choices: 'English' - a low grower and best for cooking; 'Lemon' - upright with a citrus flavor; 'Wooly' - a prostrate grower with a gray color; and 'Elfin' and 'Pink Chintz' - creeping with tiny pink flowers.
- There are no cross references available for this plant.