- Also Known As: Scarlet Clematis
- Botanical Name: Clematis texensis
- Plant Type: Vine
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Water Demand: Low, Medium
- Landscape Use:
- Ornamental Value: Red, Pink
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Butterflies, Bees
- Season: Spring, Summer
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Twining
- Plant Spread:
- Plant Height: 8'- 10'
DescriptionGrows best when the roots are in cool shade and the foliage is in the sun. Flower is bell-shaped. Popular hybrids are 'Duchess of Albany' and 'Princess Diana.'