- Also Known As: Catclaw, Pink Mimosa
- Botanical Name: Mimosa borealis
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Water Demand: Very Low
- Landscape Use: Rock Garden, Deer Resistant, Fragrance, Hedge, Focal Point/Specimen Plant
- Ornamental Value: Pink
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Butterflies, Bees
- Season: Spring, Summer
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Rounded
- Plant Spread: 3'
- Plant Height: 3'
Rigid branches form a rounded shrub bearing fragrant, showy, pink globe flowers. Blooms from spring intermittently through summer. Recurved thorns occur on branches. In full flower, the fragrant mimosa makes an excellent accent plant for ornamental use. In addition, it is very drought tolerant and able to withstand reflected heat.