- Botanical Name: Carex leavenworthii
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Water Demand: Low
- Landscape Use: Lawn Substitute, Deer Resistant, Border - Edge, Border - Mixed
- Ornamental Value: Green
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds
- Season: Spring
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Plant Form: Spreading
- Plant Spread: 1.5'
- Plant Height: 1'
DescriptionA groundcover that grows best in shade, but it tolerates full sun as well. Fine-textured green foliage. Adapts to a wide range of soils. Mow occasionally in the summer to keep it green, and mow once in the fall.