- Botanical Name: Andropogon virginicus
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Demand: Medium
- Landscape Use: Deer Resistant, Erosion Control
- Ornamental Value: Orange, Tan
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Bees, Birds, Butterflies
- Season: Fall-Winter
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Bushy
- Plant Spread: 3'
- Plant Height: 3' - 4'
DescriptionThis grass pops up in the fall with a tight, vertical bunch form that changes from green to a unique orange that lasts the entire winter. Valuable to wildlife for grazing and nesting cover materials and structures for native bees.