- Botanical Name: Andropogon ternarius
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Water Demand: Low
- Landscape Use: Border - Mixed, Focal Point/Specimen Plant
- Ornamental Value: White, Silver
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds, Bees
- Season: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Upright
- Plant Spread: 2'
- Plant Height: 2' - 4'
Sandy soils only. This strongly vertical bunchgrass has a conspicuous basal cluster of leaves and stems. Its rich, earthy color and feathery texture provide winter interest. In the fall, fluffy, V-shaped heads appear down the tight bunch form. Outstanding fall to winter "snowy" aspect, turning brown to gray in winter.