- Botanical Name: Chasmanthium latifolium
- Plant Type: Ornamental Grass
- Light Requirement: Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Water Demand: Medium
- Landscape Use: Erosion Control, Lawn Substitute
- Ornamental Value: Green, Tan
- Native/Adapted: Native
- Wildlife Value: Birds, Butterflies
- Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Plant Form: Upright
- Plant Spread: 1.5'-2'
- Plant Height: 3'-3.5'
DescriptionIn moist soils in shaded areas, this beautiful grass makes a solid mat. Big drooping spikelets are especially fetching, esp. when turned to whitish gold in the fall. Great garden accent plant in shady moist areas.